Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year Resolution

I have a couple of New years resolutions that I intend to keep up with this year and hopefully will continue to do for a LONG time.
No. 1... Journaling. I have had many examples of journaling in my life. First my mom writes in her journal almost every day! I remember her always in her room and writing. She wanted us, me and my 4 younger sisters to write in journals every Sunday. I never really wanted to cause it was just boring. Then as I got older I scrapbooked and decided that was my own way of journaling, but as I think about it now, It didn't tell my true feelings, just life in pictures and the stuff I loved. When I married Tom, his daughter Elyse would write in a journal all the time!!! In fact that would be on her birthday and Christmas lists.... A new Journal. I admired that, but I was still never a big fan of writing...

Now looking at these beautiful children of mine and seeing how fast they are growing, I realize how important it is to write things down as well as taking the pictures, that I LOVE to do! And I love history! So hopefully and prayerfully these thoughts that I write down, or type, will be handed down through generations! This Blog is dedicated to my sweet children. Shavaun, so full of forgiveness and energy and a huge heart. Justin, the sweetest most tender spirit and so strong physically and spiritually, Hannah, talented and beautiful and ALWAYS striving to do what is right. And my Rylee bug, full of  fun, strong willed and such a cuddler. 

No. 2... I need to get healthy and lose weight. I know everyone has this goal in mind, but I am determined more than ever this year!!!!!  I will be 40 in June and I have had health problems this year that I never want again! An I do have another goal with this: I want to be healthy enough to run... Run in a marathon, I want to feel that accomplishment that I can do it And I want to see the look on my husbands face of him being proud of me!

So now that my goals are in actual writing, I am more determined to do these things!!!!! Kind of excited now about it!!!!! Ready... Set...GO!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! I am excited to get to read all about you guys here. Let me know if you ever need an exercise buddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Journaling is soooo darn healing!! Your mom must have been a great woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea to start a blog! I look forward to reading your posts and what is going on in your family. I know how hard it can be to lose weight, but I know you can do it!! Just having a healthy lifestyle as your goal is going to help you tremendously. Hopefully you'll inspire me to do the same!! I need to get back on track with exercise and eating better too! Love you bunches and look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete