Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 is HERE!

I really LOVE this picture of the Temple! I have already posted a couple of goals for this next year but I have so many more!!!! I think I am going to overwhelm myself by trying to do all of them. So when I saw this picture it put a lot of things in perspective for me.  
I am the type that wants to make everyone happy and I don't want to be the cause of anyones unhappiness. My favorite "guide line" is The Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". This was instilled in me as a young child and my mom got me and my sisters the book "My Turn on Earth" then I was fortunate enough to go see the play when I was older. It's about where we were before we came to Earth and how we lived with Heavenly Father and Mother and we chose to come here and strive to be more like Him. There is a song about the Golden Rule that always stuck with me. It is so cute but makes you think. Part of it is, "Would you like that to be smashed flat as a mat by a GREAT BIG CAT,? The Golden Rule says "No", But would like to lay in his lap as he petted your fur to make you purrr, the Golden Rule says "Yes".   The chorus of this says, "Even though it doesn't show, there is a Golden Rule inside of you, It says, "Do unto others as you would have others do  to  you!"

I know I am not perfect and I surely will NEVER be. I have so much to work on. Sometimes, oh who am I kidding, all the time I don't want others thinking I am trying to do anything negative. It seem to me the harder I try the worse I do. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, just trying to figure out a way to do things better.

The Temple is so beautiful. I love lighthouses and what they represent. The Temple is like a Lighthouse to me. It shines brightly and shows me the way. At times it feels like I am walking through a thick forest with so many of the negative and busy things the world has for us/me. With maybe moving, money, raising children, always trying to do what is right with family members, jobs, callings, and just normal activities that need to be done, (That list can go on FOREVER!), I need to look past the "thicket" and find the light that shines and stay on the path towards that beautiful building of light!

So with all my goals and ideas of what I want to do this 2011 year I need to "Simplify". With each thing or situation that comes my way, I need to think before reacting and just do the best I can with it. And have , hopefully, no regrets later and just be happy that I tried. Heavenly father knows my heart and I need to please Him.

These are my thoughts to start off this year. The end of 2010, I won't lie, has been difficult but I am ready to take on 2011 with a better attitude and to look for the blessings in the midst of trials that i am sure are to come. Trials make us stronger!!!!!
  

1 comment:

  1. Shanin, this post made me laugh. I think you and I have a lot in common - I am a "people pleaser" too. It can be hard sometimes to find that balance between making everyone happy, and making YOURSELF happy! Also - I LOVE "My Turn On Earth!" Haha! I used to listen to it when I was a kid and those songs are forever embedded in my brain, too. :)

    ReplyDelete