Sunday, January 9, 2011

There are no words...

My Little Tauner
While at work yesterday I recieved a text from Shavaun that just said "I'm scared". I imediatly called her to see why she was scared and many things went through my head in literally 10 seconds. When she answered ( first of all I was sooo happy she answered), I asked her what was happening. She told me there had been a massive shooting where she goes to do her banking. The bank opened at 10 am and she was going to be there at 10 to withdraw her money. She ran a little late and as she arrived everything was surrounded and she couldn't get in. She had to stay in her car and keep driving.

A congresswoman was doing a meet and greet there at the store where the bank is located inside. A man came in and shot the Congress woman in the head and then just opened fire.  There were I think 4 died including a 9 year old girl and several were critical.

As I talked to Shavaun on the phone, I had to be the mom and act calm and tell her how grateful I was that she wasn't there. She called my mom to get directions how to get somewhere and it made me feel better that there was family close.

After I hung up the phone, I wanted to just fall to my knees and cry and thank Heavenly Father for sparing my daughters life.  I went numb just thinking about what could have happened but didn't. I immediatly wanted to drive to Arizona and bring her home where I knew she would be safe in the house and me watching her like a hawk!

It is so hard to watch your children grow up and leave. you literally have to leave them in gods hands and know that He is watching over them. My testimony is so much stronger knowing this and now being a witness to it. I am in great debt to Him. Words can't even express the feelings I have of gratitude, humbleness, and again great debt to Him.  I love you Shavaun Cortney! I am so grateful you are safe!!!! Heavenly Father knows each of us and watches over us, I have no doubt in my mind.

Shavaun with my nephew Samuel!!!! BIG Smiles!!!!!!
I am sorry for those families that are going through the harshness of all this right now. I can't even imagine what it would be like. My prayers and thoughts are with each of them at this time.

2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine sending my BABIES out into the world where anything can happen. I am SO glad Shavaun was safe - how scary to be so close to such a tragedy! Heaveny Father is certainly looking out for her. And I know he is blessing you, too, for being such a strong and supportive mom. How comforting it must be for your kids to know they can simply text "I'm scared" and within minutes they will hear from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was late for a reason! Just like the people that were late for work when 9/11 happened. Heavenly Father is looking out for her. I am SO glad Shavaun is safe too!

    ReplyDelete