Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My NEW Obsession...






Besides taking pictures and scrapbooking we can now add sewing to the mix of my obsessions!!! I am having so much fun!!!

I saw a friend of mine at the dance studio with a blanket for her little girl and i LOVED it! It was fluffy on one side and silky on the other! I asked her how to make blankets and she taught me! Thank you Shannon!  And then another friend, Tiffany took me with her to Joannes, the fabric store and I had a blast! i know it sounds really strange, but it really was fun. I don't know how many hours we were there, but it seemed not very long at all.  I loved how many materials and fabrics there are! And if you have a coupon, Tiffany is GREAT with coupons, the price is really not that expensive!

I am so excited to learn this new hobby! So excited that I made 11 blankets this year as gifts for Christmas!  I love the fun of having so many choices of materials and frabic to make blankets and be creative! I am so not the best at sewing but I am trying and having fun with it!

I was laughing cause the other day I went to sit down at my computer and was trying to find the foot peddle to sew.  And I can't go to stores that have fabric and not look at all of it. 

Today I went out again with Tiffany and she is going to teach me how to make Sock Monkeys!!!  Those are Hannah's favorite and I want to make her one for her birthday.  So today, we bought socks!!!! I'm excited to learn new things!


1 comment: